MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 11-23-2015, 12:23 PM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevalueman View Post
First time at this, so I'm not sure what I'm doing.....
BUT as long as we are posting oldies...
:-)Rocky

Hi Rocky, I don't see your photo. Can you try that again, or if you can't email it to me at
sagranade@gmail.com

I will post it for you.

Regards, Samg
Old 11-23-2015, 12:27 PM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2bill View Post
Fantastic find! The provenance video is second to none!
Thanks Ta2bill, it is a fine example of an early Smith. The video is excellent.
It's an Honor to take possession of this knife from a fellow Sailor...well, I was a bilge rat on a carrier, but its all the same :-)

Regards, Sam
Old 11-23-2015, 08:57 PM
Skilled

I have some neat old knives but I don't have the ability to post any pics on this site.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:25 PM
Skilled

Hi Ta2bill
Are you on KTF as Tattoo bill? If so, the process of posting pics there is exactly the same as here.

Regards, Samg
Old 11-23-2015, 10:02 PM
Skilled

It's simple to post on there.... no size limit to speak of. And I have no idea what a http something something is..... My pics are all stored in my photo files on my laptop as just that, photos. It's just too confusing for a simple man like me....

Last edited by Ta2bill; 11-23-2015 at 10:04 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:35 AM

Hi Ta2bill and thevalueman!

Pleased see the instructions for various photo posting options contained in the sticky thread at the top of Randall Knives Forum, now re-named: "How to Post Photos & Other Important information!".

Hopefully you guys will be able to show us your photos.

Thanks!

David

Last edited by Moosehead; 11-24-2015 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:45 PM
Skilled

My pictures do not have any type of URL or whatever. They are all in my files on this lap top and in various sizes,and I do not have the ability to resize them
Old 01-28-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samg View Post
Hi Rocky, I don't see your photo. Can you try that again, or if you can't email it to me at
sagranade@gmail.com

I will post it for you.

Regards, Samg
Here's another try, but to honest...I really forgot what it was, I was going to post...
:-)Rocky
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0516.JPG (159.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00863.JPG (144.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-28-2016, 04:03 PM

I presume that you are addressing me, Ta2bill.

There are many free photo sizing programs available on the internet. Try Google until you find one that suits you and your laptop.

"Where there's a will, there's a way... "

Thanks!

David

Old 01-28-2016, 07:40 PM
Skilled

Rocky, Bill, et. al. Re: Posting pictures. You can post them on this site but they appear as miniatures and to me it is annoying to click them to enlarge. I recommend you take personal charge of your pictures ... and here is how. This seems long, but it isn't difficult, just a little time consuming.

First, go to Photobucket.com. Open a free account by clicking "open an account" entering your E-mail and a password.

Now go into your account and click "upload" then click "choose photos and videos." It will take you into your computer where you just click the photo you want to put on photobucket. If you want to load several photos, hold down the "control" button on your computer while you highlight the photos to be uploaded. Then click "open" and that will load your photos into Photobucket account. Your photos are now on the internet... hurrah! Now to put them in your post...

Click your picture on Photobucket. On the right four lines of code will appear. Click within the box of the line of code labeled "IMG." The code inside the box will be [URL=http://xxx.[URL] When you click within that box, you copy the code for your picture. I usually save that code by pasting it into a word program. Then go back, copy the code for additional photos from photobucket into the word document until I have my pictures in the right order for my post, just like I want it... then copy and past the word doc containing the code for all the pictures into this web site.

That is the easy way to put several pictures at a time into my post... but if you want, you can go and paste that code for a single picture copied from Photobucket directly into your post here.

Congratulations, your picture is now on this website... job over.. plus you still have the picture saved in your Photobucket account just in case you want to post it in another forum. And later, if you click "edit" on one of your posts on this site, you can directly and easily copy the same code for the previously posted picture and use it again in a new post... which is a really good thing about this site, no time limit for editing

HOWEVER... it is better to post a picture that is only about 600-700 pixels wide. Unfortunately, most camera pictures are huge and you will run into trouble trying to post a picture that is too big... .. Fortunately, you can adjust the size of your picture very easily. You can adjust the size on Photobucket by clicking "edit," but I've found it can take a long time and can be confusing. So, before you put the pic into Photobucket... adjust size of picture. Best program for this is "paint."

Open your photo on your computer using "Paint." (In windowns 7, just right click the photo, and click "open with" then pick "paint." Windows 10 you will have to look for the paint program).

When the picture opens in "paint," click "resize" in upper left. Then click the dot beside "pixel" and type in "600" in the "horizontal" box replacing whatever number is there... click OK.

Now upper left click "save" and you have a picture that is 600 pixels wide.

If you want to save the original huge picture, rename your smaller version before saving ... add 600 or something to the end of the original name, and click save. Then do not "save" the original large picture, just exit. You will now have two copies of your photo, the original and the "600" pixel wide one, on your computer. Just load the "600" picture onto Photobucket and paste the code for it on your post here.

That is what I do with all my pictures. Making them all the same width using paint or some other program makes for a nice visual presentation too.

Last edited by Jacknola; 01-28-2016 at 08:27 PM.

Tags
1958, arrow, back, bee, blade, bowie, brass, first time, guard, handle, hardware, home, identify, knife, leather, made, post, randall, sheath, sheaths, shop, spacers, tiny, video, vintage