MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Photography Discussion

Knife Photography Discussion Share and improve your techniques on knife photography. Web and print imaging discussions welcome. Come on in ...

Old 08-02-2001, 02:39 PM
stevekorn

Factory Knives in Photo Contest???

Dogman are you aware that only custom knives are allowed in the contest???
We had a thread about this and the consensus was no factory knives. We are removing your Emerson knife from the contest and we'll appreciate your abiding by the rules in the future!
Old 08-02-2001, 03:29 PM
CKDadmin

Production knives on the CKD photo contest? Yeah, we had a vote on that weeks ago ... no productions allowed by member/contestant request.

Do we need to post this on the board header?

Alex
Old 08-02-2001, 05:41 PM
R Todd

emerson

I maybe wrong, but from looking at his pic when he posted, that was an actual custom emerson and not part of the emerson production line. If that is the case then I would think that it was a valid entry.

Old 08-02-2001, 06:27 PM
dogman

Re: emerson

The Emerson is a custom CQC5. Ernest Emerson is a member of the Knifemakers' Guild and that knife was bought at the Guild Show this past weekend. Perhaps you should think twice about questioning a custom knifemaker's knowledge of custom knives before demonstrating your lack of knowledge in public. I am well aware of the rules of the photo contest. A private email would have answered your questions quite nicely.
Old 08-02-2001, 07:57 PM
stevekorn

I apologize for my faux pax thank you for the correction.
Old 08-02-2001, 11:45 PM
CKDadmin

It's actually my fault. I was asked first and told him to remove it before it caused a problem ... considering the vote was made earlier to disallow productions.

Am I mistaken that the Emerson we're referring to is not a "semi-production"? Are there not more than one produced of this and other "Emerson custom" models? Was that knife a "one-of-a-kind" piece, or are there others like (#1 of whatever # produced)?

If I made a mistake, then blame me. I'm not pointing a finger at anyone. I was backing the member vote made earlier. At least, that's what I tried to do.

Alex

Old 08-02-2001, 11:55 PM
R Todd

emerson

I should probably mind my own business....but im awake and bored, so here I go

I am not familiar with the "semi production" line, I only know of the customs and productions as two seperate styles. The prodction models are all g10 or "hypalon" handled knives and are easily spotted. The knife picuted I believe had micarta handles and titanium bolsters which are the charecteristics of a genuine custom from ernie.

Im not sure what you mean by is it "one of a kind or # 1 of (insert # here)" I doubt the knife is "one of a kind". However, I entered a meerdink neck knife in one of the contests. It was not "one of a kind" but was made by meerdink and fell under the accepted rules of custom.

Just my .02 cents....see what happens when I am bored?

Old 08-05-2001, 12:58 PM
stevekorn

Since you were correct and we were wrong why didn't you just re post your pic??? This contest is about fun!!!
Old 08-05-2001, 03:10 PM
MaxTheKnife

I'd like to see the pic Dogman. Would you at least post it here? I can't help it. I'm selfish

Tags
knife, knives