MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum

The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum The materials, techniques and the designing of folding knives.

Old 01-26-2001, 06:12 AM
ansoknives

"Liner Lock Finally" comments

Well the post is so nice when there is no posts in between to make "noise" so I started this one.

That?s real great work. Nice detailing and tips. I look forward to follow this post.
Old 01-26-2001, 08:07 AM
primos

I agree Jens. Also, I got rid of the old thread so it won't cause confusion. There was nothing in there but a bunch of us scratching our heads over the image display problem.

I see that Jason got around it by putting the images on Photopoint.

Jason, we sure do appreciate your hard work and determination. The tutorial is looking great.

Old 01-26-2001, 08:35 AM
Don Cowles

Fine job, Jason. I love this stuff. Isn't it great to have a *real* forum for serious discussion?

I learned a lot from folks on the Knife List (Engnath, Fogg, Clark, Slobodian, Hrisoulas, Goddard, and many others) over the years, and was able to contribute a little myself, but we were never able to post a picture other than an ASCII graphic. It made communicating efficiently quite difficult.

The CKD, on the other hand, is superb. As we all get more proficient at taking good photos and learning to post them, there is a veritable treasure house of good information to be shared here. I'm excited about it!
Old 01-26-2001, 12:30 PM
CKDadmin

Men ...

Jason worked his tail off to get this post fixed ... All I want to say is "the CKD has a home for a man like that!"

Jason ...
Very well done! Let me or Neil know when it's time to lock the thread and we'll turn it into reference. Also, with your permission, the coming CKD technical archives would like to have a copy there as well ...

Great job!

Alex
Old 01-26-2001, 12:33 PM
CKDadmin

One more thing ...

Jens, you're on to something. Let's start a comment thread with every deep tutorial and tell everyone who's new not to post in the ref. thread, but in the comment one!

Agree ...?

I know you all are men ... but, you're also a fine bunch of boy's!

Thanks!

Alex
Old 01-26-2001, 01:27 PM
viper5192

Who you callin' a boy Alex???
Fine work there Jason, looks real great! Keep it up!

Peae

Paul
Old 01-26-2001, 11:31 PM
Taz575

Great tutorial! I have a liner lock design all set now, finally, after 2 weeks. I jsut need to make template to make sure everything is where it should be and start building.
Old 01-27-2001, 08:01 PM
Jason G Howell

Thanks guys... And yes Alex, by all means use it. I'm uploading some more pics tonight and anticipate the folder being complete by Tuesday if I get some more free time. This has been kind of fun shooting as I go (something I have never done before). I forget sometimes the little details I do naturally, so if you have specific questions as I go along, I'll do my best to get it in there. Thanks again.

Old 01-28-2001, 11:15 AM
primos

Jason,
The liner lock tutorial is coming along fabulously. I see that you were up in the "wee" hours of the morning working on it. Great job my friend. Your hard work is certainly appreciated.

Old 01-28-2001, 06:45 PM
Don Cowles

Thank you, Jason! This is super!
Old 01-28-2001, 07:46 PM
eadus

Sorry guys, I've been away for a couple of days to a big dog trial and am only now catching up.
This is really good stuff here Jason and I agree that doing it is actual fun, it also makes one stop and really think about what one doing so other people can understand.
I moght add that there are some guys in Europe that have alread copied mine and I bet that they will be looking at yours.

Regards from the land of the long weekend.

Old 01-29-2001, 12:07 PM
JerryO13

Great tutorial!

I also find that it's one thing to do something that comes naturally, but you have to re-think when trying to teach someone.
Ever try to give someone directions and all you can think of "I don't know the names of any of the streets I just know how to get there"
It takes a different kind of thinking process to teach! It's amazing how many good teachers we have here! Keep it up!

Old 02-04-2001, 05:10 PM
eadus

A question Jason. What size is your pivot pin, 3/16" or a fraction larger?

Old 02-04-2001, 08:41 PM
Jason G Howell

3/16" on the pin size... I use 1/8" on smaller knives. More coming on tonight. Knife is finished, just need to get the pictures uploaded and tutorial done.
Old 02-04-2001, 10:04 PM
dogman

Jason,
Your tutorial rocks. The pics are great and really bring the commentary home.

Just wait guys. We are going to distill all this info and develop an excellent resource center for these tutorials.

And then...well, you will just have to wait for the "and then"

Tags
blade, forge, knife, knives