MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > Knife Collecting

Knife Collecting From beginner to professional. Discuss the latest trends, get reviews, opinions and more ... If you're serious about collecting custom knives, start here!

Old 08-13-2001, 04:23 PM
JerryO13

Lets' talk knives

Some of you may have noticed that Atlanta Virtual has made another amazing website for another one of our own. In this case Steve Korn photo moderator. The kick I get from it is that a lot of the knives pictured are my very own. point your browser to www.knifephotography.com/...nframe.htm click on portfolio and in the first gallery I own the knife in the upper left and the one in the middle right. In gallery 2 there all mine (aahhhahhhahhhaaa) except for the middle one. Funny thing is is as I look them over I realize that every knife has a story. How I got or who I talked to in the process or why I went with that particular knife. If you care to hear a story or just are interested in the particulars of a knife let me know which one and I'll tell ya.
Old 08-13-2001, 05:31 PM
Roger Gregory

Alright Jerry, I'll bite. Tell us about the spearpoint liner-lock with the gold bits. (love my technical description? If so I'll write all your advertising copy!)

AV have served up a great site as usual, very slick, but straightforward. I like the effect, the site serves to present the work, not overwhelm it, more designers should take note (me included). As for Steve's photos, he's definitely been hiding a few! Nice work Steve.

Roger
Old 08-13-2001, 05:39 PM
viper5192

Sure Jerry rub our noses in it ;-) BTW you do have a very nice collection! :-P
Old 08-14-2001, 01:01 PM
JerryO13

I guess the photo is a bit of an illusion. It's actually a semi-skinner blade shape. This liner lock is made with an ATS34 blade with a 416 stainless steel bolster with 3 grooves milled into it. handle material is oosic. frame and liner are titanium. screws and thumbstud are all 14 karat gold plated. the fit and finish on this folder are simply amazing. everything is smooth and easy to hold on to. the knife was made by Steve Fecas. I also have an autographed copy of Les Coutiuox (sp?) a French knife magazine that has a photo of that knife within it.
Old 08-14-2001, 05:44 PM
CKDadmin

Man ... our hallways and doors are only so wide! You all are making it hard for us to walk around in here with these big fat heads we're getting reading this.

I would talk longer, but I need to take a nap. The pressure of holding my head up straight is wearing me out ... zzzzzzzzzz

Thanks buddies!

Next ... !!!

Alex
Old 08-15-2001, 09:01 PM
Darrel Ralph

KORN

It is a honor to have knives on Steves site!
I have broken bread with Steve in NYC several times.
Steve new site made me blush!
Wow nice job Steve and Alex!

Old 08-16-2001, 12:41 AM
ansoknives

Re: KORN

Ya..I am pretty happy about being on it myself!

Tags
blade, knife, knives