MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > This Old Knife

This Old Knife Here is a little forum dedicated to talking about, but not limited to, vintage and antique knives. Pics and stories of special knives or your favorite patterns are encouraged. No experts here. Just guys chattin about old knives and the legends we hav

Old 04-26-2023, 01:35 PM
Registered

##entification of possible Eka knife

Good evening to you all I hope this message finds you well. I'm wondering if you could help me to indetify a knife that I have recently inherited. The knife in question belonged to a family friend to whom my great grandmother was a ma##. His name was Sam Walker and he was a cloth merchant from Manchester towards the end of the Industrial revolution and textiles industry. He was born in the later half of the 1800s and owned a hall so was a man who by all accounts made a good living. From the information I have managed to gather I am certain the coat of arms is a Swedish Vasa. Therefore this leads me to believe that the knife is an Eka knife as I've seen very similar ones online. You will note that the back of the knife is personalised with Sams signature embossed on there. Originally the embossed signature and the embossed roses on the front were painted gold, with the background painted black. Also the coat of arms was painted gold. As pres##ent Eisenhower was gifted a knife from this company bearing his signature, and that Eka are a company with history and I right to assume Mr. Walker may have been a man of significance due to his dealings in the textiles industry? Any help with this is hugely appreciated.

Cheers
Old 04-26-2023, 01:36 PM
Registered

https://www.flickr.com/photos/198173523@N05
Old 04-26-2023, 01:37 PM
Registered

Link to images of the knife in question on Flickr link posted above

Cheers

Tags
back, bearing, bee, black, coat, eka, knife, made, question