MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Knife Kits Forum

Knife Kits Forum New to the art of knife making? Learn to make awesome knives, using advanced hands-on training inside. From KnifeKits.com.

Old 04-04-2002, 03:11 PM
mn2deep

my latest compact skinner

Blade is from TKS, scales are dymondwood. This knife work is fun!!

And a shot showing the little bit of file work I did. It was fun, but dang that blade was hard!

Old 04-04-2002, 07:50 PM
CKDadmin

That turned out really slick. I like those thumb grooves in that design ... always have. Nice work on the handles too!

Alex
Old 04-04-2002, 08:11 PM
mn2deep

Yeah, I like the thumb grooves too. I started out trying to make them even, but screwed it up, so I just made each one a little wider than the last and it ended out pretty good.
Mike
Old 04-04-2002, 08:22 PM
Coop747

Mike,

He he he! Boy, do I KNOW just what you mean about a mistake influencing the final design!!!!! Hey, it's all about thinkin' on the fly, anyway! You done good.

I like the handles coloring, and it looks like you did a fine job contouring them to fit well. Hey, who made that good lookin' sheath??

Coop
Old 04-04-2002, 09:13 PM
SIGGI

Mike,

Great Job! There sure is lots a learning to be done for us new guys. Keep up the good work!

Bob Sigmon
Old 04-05-2002, 08:07 AM
mn2deep

Coop,

I made that there sheath all by my lonesome!! I did however use the Loveless book"how to make custom knives" for the instructions. I drilled the holes with a small finish nail in the drill press and then stitched it up by hand. Not as fun as making a knife, but a little fun.

That reminds of something one of the pros on the forum said one time. Someone at a show had asked him if he could make them a sheath for a knife they had. His reply was, "Sir, I make knives because I love to, I make sheaths because I have to."
Old 04-05-2002, 11:46 AM
Morgan Meader

That's a great looking knife! I like the groove spacing also. You gotta love it when you slip and make something nicer and more interesting

Tags
blade, knife, knives