MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Steel Addict

Random stuff i been working on this week...

Here are a few little projects i finished this week.
this one is a old Remington blade that belonged to a buddys grandad he found rusting away in the bottom of a trunk out in his shop. when i got it it had electric tape scales and was covered in rust lots of shallow pitting on the blade. he wanted it to look "old and used". anyway i put some wood scales on it i think they are walnut... and i gave it my first try at a brass guard. cleaned up the blade alittle and put a edge on it and sanded it down to the " not Shiny" finish he wanted. i thought it came out pretty good. and he loved it. hopefully it will last him another 75 years...

sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Steel Addict

This was a ebay damascus blade i put scales on for a budddy. He had a picture of the shape he wanted them so i just went with that. the scales are the walnut? it smells really sweet when you work it. sanded to his "not shiney" request. Not sure what is is about all my buddys wanting "not shiney" lately. Tried to get him to let me round the front of the scales so it would not look so much like a kitchen knife but hey its his knife.... Came together pretty decent and pretty quick. Put a good edge on it and sent it home with him. have no idea how the cheap damascus will hold a edge but we will see.....

Old 03-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Hall of Famer

Those look great! The handle on the first one looks a bit wide at the back, but if it fits, it works.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Steel Addict

this one was one of the vintage japanese made stainless blades i picked up. just did a day day glo orange paracord wrap on it and my flash light out of boredom! lmao.
wore it to work the next day BAM! sold my first knife!

Old 03-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Steel Addict

I have a a few blade almost ready to go out to HT in the next week a 1084 sheepsfoot and 2 file knife blades. ill post up pic s of them when they are done!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Steel Addict

each knife i work on i pick up a'little bit more know how... it can be frustrating... but i'm learning slowly. been working a'lot lately too but i'm gonna keep at this when work and the wife allow! :P

Tags
back, bee, blade, blades, brass, damascus, damascus blade, edge, guard, handle, home, japanese, kitchen knife, knife, made, paracord, paracord wrap, post, scales, stainless, vintage, wood, wrap