MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Old 11-14-2021, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
That particular book was "it" back in the day.... mostly because it was about the only book available on making folders.

I had the book, and at the time, being a rank beginner, found it very frustrating..... because it was written in such a manner that it made it sound like you had to own a certain brand and model of tool to accomplish the task/operation, and the entire book seemed that way to me.
I very much agree with the idea of buying some el-cheapo (or maybe even some not so el-Cheapo) folders, taking them apart, and learning from them.

I think what I learned from doing just that, was many ways NOT to do things, but it lets you see and understand concepts and pieces/parts that you otherwise would not a clear picture of....without seeing them/it in person.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."

Tags
a, art, back, bee, blade, book, brand, building, buy, ca, design, drill, fishing knife, folder, folding, folding knife, folding knives, forge, friction folder, knife, knives, lockback, make, reference, tactical