MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Old 11-11-2021, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
To All our Veterans... THANK YOU!

To all of those who are serving, have served, and especially to those whom I served with, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE, AND YOUR SACRIFICES!

It's sad to say that in today's society, words like "service" and "sacrifice for the common good" are all too often looked upon with disdain, and generally scoffed at. Unless you have served, or been in the immediate family of someone who did, you simply don't fully grasp what those words mean.

Looking back I think of all the times I had to walk out the door, not able to tell my wife and daughter where I was going, nor when I would return. Sometimes a couple of weeks, other times a year or more, and each time I'd return, it was a "different" me. Changed by what I had done and experienced. But each time I was met with open arms, love, and tender understanding when I'd wake with horrible dreams in the night, or stand, staring into an open refrigerator, marveling at how fortunate I was/am to have food available at my finger tips, anytime I wanted it.

Those who have not "been there, and done that" simply can't fully grasp just what our Veterans have provided. But suffice to say, they have and do provide this nation and it's people with far more than we deserve. So today, honor someone who has served, or is serving. To say "Thank you for your service" brings more pride and gratitude than you can image.

So from me.... THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 11-11-2021, 06:32 PM
Steel Addict

Ed, allow me to say "THANK YOU" for YOUR service also. I've already send emails to my buddies who are vets thanking them. AND got phone calls in return.

Even with the general feeling we really had no business in Iraq or Afghanistan, I'm still so impressed and pleased with the response to our service folks. Nothing like the travesty of the way our vets were treated after Vietnam.

AND, Ed - it's good to see you stil posting. When it's been a while I start to worry about you. What are your plans for Blade 2022?
Old 11-11-2021, 09:47 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks, Ed. Us old vets `preciate the thoughts. Having "been there - done that" we have to stand proud and still honor our oath. Just an old submariners opinion.

Tags
back, bee, ca, common, image, tips, vietnam