Thread: Still Here!
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmontg View Post
Ed since the FDA in 2009 designated B-6 pyridoxamine a drug because it reversed Chronic Kidney Disease the B-6 vitamin we get now is pyridoxidine and it doesn't do anything for your kidneys.

I use a substitute called P-5-P Pyridoxal-5-phosphate, co-enzyme form of B-6 I reversed my CKD down to almost normal levels and although it may or may not help your situation the P-5-P wouldn't hurt. You can get it in most vitamin and health food stores. Here is a link to an old article explaining it all. It saved me from dialysis after cancer took my right kidney.

https://www.lifeextension.com/magazi...kidney-disease
Hey Jim!

I just returned from my most recent visit with the Docs at Uof W in Seattle. I asked the Nephrologist I'm seeing there about this, and he shrugged and said that I could take if I wanted to, but that it wouldn't have any impact on the situation with my kidneys. I might just give it a go anyway. I'm now waiting for all the involved Doctors to "confer" and see what they want to do. I'm already on two of the three available drugs for this type of kidney disease, and although neither is help my kidneys, they are helping to control the Lupus, and have shown to be helping my lungs. The "hitch" is.... Nobody has ever been recorded as being on all three of the medications for Lupus Nephritis at one time....so I would have to go off one, in order to start a a new one....AND, it would be a minimum of 6 months to a year before they would know if the new drug is having any impact, while at the same time my Lupus and/or Lungs could worsen significantly. Talk about a "catch 22"! I hopefully will get word sometime this coming week on what all the Doctors at U of W have to say....and then see where we might go. What ever happened to the days of "sick" being a simple cold for flu? This stuff is getting crazy.

I'll let you know what happens!

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."