Thread: Still Here!
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Still Here!

Ken reminded me that it's been a while since I've posted. I'm OK. Started teaching again, and it's taking more out of me than what I thought it would. At the end of the day my behind is dragging.... and most evenings a quick bite of supper, and then into bed around 8pm.

We have to travel to Seattle late next week... U of W Doctors have ceased doing the tele-medicine appointments, and we now must go back to in person appointments. This time around I will be seeing not only the usual Pulmonologist and Rheumatologist, but since the Lupus in now effecting my kidneys..... I see a Nephrologist (kidney Doc) too. Docs both locally and in Seattle are working to get me on a new drug, that just cleared the FDA in January called Lupkynis. It's suppose to slow/halt the damage that Lupus does to kidneys. We'll see where that goes.

I do have a lot of things in the pipe. A dozen EBKs on the bench that need handles finished and sheaths made. Several Mosaic blades that are just out of the heat treat... that need finishing, and a new batch of Damascus Pens that have to be photographed and put on the site.
I'm still doing everything I always have.... just doing it a lot slower due to the health stuff!

I still check the forums every morning to see if I can help with any questions....but haven't seen many as of late. Summer is about to wain, so we all know what that means!

FORGING SEASON!

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."