Thread: 80CrV2....?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 06:30 AM

The Guild has been one of the few organizations that has blessed me from the start and never stopped. 14 of us makers got together after a Blade Show and decided we needed something here in GA to help promote the craft by teaching and sharing knowledge. We now have over 100 active members that include some of the best talent to be found anywhere. Best part is the wealth of generosity in sharing, no secrets. If you want to know how something is done someone in the Guild will step up and show you with hands on instruction. Big plus is the networking through out the state (and surrounding states).
True blessing to be associated with so many fine folks. Just makes you want to do better.

Mark Williams and I started up the Trackrock Hammer-ins about the same time us GA boys chartered the Guild. So a lot of people think they are one and the same. Although they are not, over the years more and more Guild members have become participants and they have sort of unofficially melded in ways. With the help and participation of many of the Guild and others I managed to keep the Trackrock event open to the public and free. Although I charge for serious one on one instruction, I didn't feel it right to charge for the TR event. It has pretty much morphed into an "introduction to smithing" for young people. Not a bad thing. I'd be remiss to leave out that Trackrock Campground has made it all possible with their generous allowance to let us use their facility for free - of course we do fill the campground for the weekend. All works for everyone.

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H