MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > This Old Knife

This Old Knife Here is a little forum dedicated to talking about, but not limited to, vintage and antique knives. Pics and stories of special knives or your favorite patterns are encouraged. No experts here. Just guys chattin about old knives and the legends we hav

Old 02-01-2022, 07:08 PM
Registered

Sabatier Provenance

I got this knife a few years ago. It was essentially black and the seller didn't know anything about it. I cleaned it as well as I could without using anything destructive, e.g., sandpaper. I don't want to go any farther. I love the patina. The knife is as slender as a fashion model. The distal taper is gorgeous.

I don't use it. I put an edge on it but didn't do anything drastic.

The internet tells me that it was made in Thiers before WWII. Nogent style. The ring between the blade and the handle is pewter. This style is no longer made.

Obviously I'm hoping for great things. Isn't there a famous cache of knives hidden from the Nazis and not found until may years later? Did Escoffier use it? Or is it just garage sale junk?

And I can't post pictures. There's no way to attach them. This thread is useless without them. There's supposed to be a "manage attachments" button. It ain't there. There's nothing there.

When I came upon this forum I shouted "Hallelujah!" f anyone could help me it would be the wise men of this forum. But I can't post pictures. It's no use.
Old 02-02-2022, 04:22 PM
Master

Welcome. If you have a picture hosting site you can link that image location using the IMG tags.

Tags
a, black, blade, ca, edge, handle, hidden, image, knife, knives, made, post, sale, wwii